I’m finally getting around to sharing this easy courgette soup recipe with on the blog. It’s a delicious soup filled with creamy coconut milk and fresh basil leaves. It’s comfy, healthy, homely and you can make it in less than 30 minutes! Let’s get to it.
One thing I’ve noticed is that my cooking habits have certainly changed over the years. I’d much rather get dinners made ASAP. I’m a baker at heart so if I’m gonna spend hours in the kitchen, it’s usually on a beautifully crafted layer cake. But I have to be honest that as time goes by, even cakes have become less and less of a thing for me. I’ve recently found myself leaning towards quick, healthy blueberry crumbles and cookies.
Where am I going with this? Well I’ve been thinking a lot about the sort of content that I want to share with everyone and I definitely plan on shifting towards making more creative, easy dinner and dessert ideas. Mainly because that’s just how my time in the kitchen is spent these days.
If anyone has any opinions on this topic I’d love to know. For now lets get on to the recipe. Courgette soup!
This recipe is so easy to make. As shown above. Yep it’s that easy and it’s so flavourful. This soup makes 4 big servings. For a starter course, I’d say it’d make about 6 servings. Adding a few diced spring onions and a slice of bread makes for the perfect finishing touches.
Tip and trick to making this courgette coconut soup
- Prep all of your ingredients first. Chop the veggies. Add all of the seasonings to a plate. Open the can of coconut milk. Do it all. It shouldn’t take anymore than 5 minutes to do and makes the clean up process a lot more efficient.
- Make sure the pot is nice and hot before you start adding ingredients. Not only does this enhance the flavour, it also makes the cooking process much quicker.
- Choose a quality brand of coconut milk. When I initially made this, I went for a brand that I don’t usually use… Let’s just say that not all coconut milks are made equal. Go with a brand you trust. I recommend Chaokoh, Thai taste or Asda’s own brand.
Courgette Coconut Soup
This soup is a perfect, healthy choice for weeknights in.
- 3 Medium courgettes Approx. 700 g
- 3 Spring onions
- 4 Large garlic cloves
- 1 tsp Oil
- 2 tsp Thyme
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 1 Handful of fresh basil leaves
- 1 (400 g) Can of low fat coconut milk
- 240 ml (1 cup) Water
- A squeeze of fresh lemon juice to taste
Roughly chop the courgettes, spring onions and garlic cloves.
Add oil to the pot and place on a high heat. Add spring onions and garlic cloves then stir till golden and fragrant.
Fold the chopped courgettes, thyme, salt and black pepper into the spring onions and garlic. Stir occasionally until the courgettes start to brown. This should take 5 minutes or so.
Add the basil, coconut milk, water and lemon juice into the pot and place a lid on top.
Boil on a medium to high heat for 15 minutes, stirring halfway through.
Place the soup into a blender and puree till smooth.
Serve and enjoy.